Official Author Bio
Dena Celeste, sassy 20-something from the southeast United States, writes dark, delicious erotic romance. In her writing she likes to explore the darker edges where pain and pleasure mingle into intense physical and mental experiences. Her tales let her share her vision of what living and playing in the Lifestyle is in addition to creating fantasy worlds where her characters’ dreams always come true!
v What is your favorite word?
- Perspicacity. It’s so much fun to say!
v What is your least favorite word?
- Conversate. Because it’s not a word, but I’ve read it in books, heard it on TV and in songs, and generally have tried to pound it out of my friends’ vocabularies.
v What is your favorite genre?
- Romance. I have to have some romance with my story, whether it’s contemporary, mystery, paranormal, fantasy…my list could go on.
v What is the most memorable book you’ve ever read?
- Oh gosh. The most memorable? Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. It completely blew my mind, and is a book I’ve read several times over just to experience it again. I never forget it.
v What do you love about writing?
- I have ideas in my head, scenes, characters, dialogue. I need to put that down, but also have it make sense. I also love for others to be able to see these little movies that happen in my head, all fleshed out.
v What do you hate about writing?
- I hate getting blocked, or turned around on something. Having to backtrack because a character took a turn I wasn’t expecting. It comes from being a pantser, I think.
v What turns you on?
- Sincerity. I like people who are who they are without apology, and walk what they talk.
v What turns you off?
- Conflict. I like problem solving, but being around arguments and/or yelling just completely freaks me out.
v What sound or noise do you love?
- The little “whoop-whoop” sound my dog makes when he’s dreaming.
v What sound or noise do you hate?
- Balloons popping. I have a severe balloon phobia (the latex, not the foil ones…it’s specific). I’ve gone into a Party City with a friend, but when I heard them blowing up balloons, I high-tailed it out.
v What is your favorite curse word?
- Shtako. Because I’m a nerdy Defiance fan.
v What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- Singing! I love to sing. I did talent shows when I was much younger, but now I’m relegated to the car and/or shower.
v What profession would you not like to do?
- Anything where I handle food. I don’t like mushrooms (why eat fungus? Why?) and I loathe mayonnaise. There seem to be a lot of one or the other in many dishes. I’ll just stick with the foods I like in the amateur sector over here.
v If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
- “Welcome to the party! Your mom is over there by the books…exactly as you’d suspect.”