Official Author Bio
In the beginning was the word.
And the word was kinky.
Well, wait a minute. Kinky, painful, dark, delicious, and playful. Those are the five adjectives to describe Dena Celeste’s erotic romance.
She is a pansexual chick from the Southeast United States who has participated in BDSM and its community for well over a decade now. The pleasure of her lifestyle is highly enhanced by the muse she has in her husband.
It’s important to state the experience of her lifestyle because she can and she will fool you with her sweet wide-eyed expressions. The halo sits rather comfortably on her head, but beneath it is a brain that explores the darker edges of physical and mental experiences. Her writing reflects the beautifully sinister nature of pain and pleasure, and how they can be woven together to maximum effect.
This erotic romance writer intends to share many tales of living and playing in the Lifestyle in which her characters participate. Oh, and do their dreams come true, in the seductive fantasy worlds that Dena weaves.
In the end was the word.
And the word was satisfied.
v What is your favorite word?
- Perspicacity. It’s so much fun to say!
v What is your least favorite word?
- Conversate. Because it’s not a word, but I’ve read it in books, heard it on TV and in songs, and generally have tried to pound it out of my friends’ vocabularies.
v What is your favorite genre?
- Romance. I have to have some romance with my story, whether it’s contemporary, mystery, paranormal, fantasy…my list could go on.
v What is the most memorable book you’ve ever read?
- Oh gosh. The most memorable? Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. It completely blew my mind, and is a book I’ve read several times over just to experience it again. I never forget it.
v What do you love about writing?
- I have ideas in my head, scenes, characters, dialogue. I need to put that down, but also have it make sense. I also love for others to be able to see these little movies that happen in my head, all fleshed out.
v What do you hate about writing?
- I hate getting blocked, or turned around on something. Having to backtrack because a character took a turn I wasn’t expecting. It comes from being a pantser, I think.
v What turns you on?
- Sincerity. I like people who are who they are without apology, and walk what they talk.
v What turns you off?
- Conflict. I like problem solving, but being around arguments and/or yelling just completely freaks me out.
v What sound or noise do you love?
- The little “whoop-whoop” sound my dog makes when he’s dreaming.
v What sound or noise do you hate?
- Balloons popping. I have a severe balloon phobia (the latex, not the foil ones…it’s specific). I’ve gone into a Party City with a friend, but when I heard them blowing up balloons, I high-tailed it out.
v What is your favorite curse word?
- Shtako. Because I’m a nerdy Defiance fan.
v What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- Singing! I love to sing. I did talent shows when I was much younger, but now I’m relegated to the car and/or shower.
v What profession would you not like to do?
- Anything where I handle food. I don’t like mushrooms (why eat fungus? Why?) and I loathe mayonnaise. There seem to be a lot of one or the other in many dishes. I’ll just stick with the foods I like in the amateur sector over here.
v If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
- “Welcome to the party! Your mom is over there by the books…exactly as you’d suspect.”